Position Title: Financial Analyst, Financial Planning and Strategy & Business Development
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Reporting To: Controller/VP, Finance and VP, Strategy & Business Development
The Analyst role is a broadly based role with responsibilities across both the Finance and Strategy & Business Development teams. The Finance team is responsible for all aspects of financial planning and analysis for the Company. The Strategy & Business Development team works across the Miramax organization to lead and evaluate corporate and strategic opportunities and ideas, including partnerships and acquisitions, as well as helping to formulate and implement new content initiatives.
This role is ideal for candidates looking for a fast-paced team environment with a blend of operational focus and strategy. The Analyst role focuses on working across projects to provide analysis and insights. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking to learn the film business with a cutting-edge media company.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to learn a complex business quickly, immerse him/herself in the company’s products, and build strong partnerships with all major business functions, including TV, Digital, Home Entertainment, Development, and more.
- Maintain and update detailed financial and valuation model for the Company
- Evaluate the financial merit and structure of potential transactions, initiatives, acquisitions and other projects
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports in compliance with Miramax’s reporting obligations
- Analyze monthly results vs. budget, prepare monthly actual vs. budget reports, explain variances and highlight performance issues
- Support strategic and operational initiatives through financial modeling and strategic analysis
- Facilitate new business development in working with business unit leaders
- Ad hoc analysis as required
- Business Degree or BA in related field, required
- 2+ years of experience in finance or business development, ideally in media or entertainment
- Experience in investment banking, consulting or other heavily analytical role preferred
- Superb people skills, strong team-orientation, and a professional and enthusiastic attitude
- Proactive with proven ability to think creatively and work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with seasoned media executives
- Superb analytical and critical thinking skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills required; must be able to deal with complex models and presentations on time sensitive issues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid knowledge of financial statements, GAAP vs. cash accounting
- Experience with film and TV financings would be beneficial
- Please send resume & cover letter to email@example.com and include “Financial Analyst” in the subject line.