LONDON, JULY 31, 2012 – LOVEFiLM, an Amazon company, today announced a Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) deal to give subscribers in the UK and Germany streaming access to titles from Miramax, the independent studio with a renowned library of critically-acclaimed films.
Beginning this summer, LOVEFiLM subscribers in both the UK and Germany will have instant, on-demand access to Miramax films including the Oscar-winning epic drama There Will Be Blood and Martin Scorsese’s critically acclaimed Howard Hughes biopic The Aviator. Other titles include the dark crime drama Sin City and Quentin Tarantino’s cult classics including Kill Bill, Kill Bill 2 and Jackie Brown.
Jim Buckle, Managing Director at Amazon’s LOVEFiLM, said: “We are thrilled to bring Miramax films to our customers. This exciting deal will enable us to deliver even more high-quality content to our members and reinforce, once again, our leading position as the first choice subscription service when it comes to exceptional range and unbeatable value for money.”
LOVEFiLM Instant is available on the PC, Mac or via Sony Playstation®3, Microsoft Xbox 360, Apple iPad® and a growing number of Internet-connected TV sets and Blu-ray players, giving members immediate access to a huge range of films and TV shows.
- Ends -
For further information please contact the LOVEFiLM press office at Mischief PR on 020 3128 6600 or email@example.com.
Links to editors
Amazon’s LOVEFiLM to offer Miramax titles in UK and Germany
- LOVEFiLM is an Amazon company and is the leading European film and TV series subscription service with over 2 million members in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway
- In February 2011 LOVEFiLM was acquired by Amazon EU SARL
- LOVEFiLM Instant offers members unlimited streaming from just £4.99 per month and is available on over 280 Internet-enabled devices including PCs, PlayStation®3, iPad®, Xbox 360, plus a growing number of Blu-Ray players and Internet-connected TVs including Sony, Samsung, LG and Cello
- LOVEFiLM members can also enjoy the benefits of DVDs delivered straight to their door with LOVEFiLM By Post and streaming films online via LOVEFiLM Instant
- LOVEFiLM has signed a number of film and TV content deals with major studios including Miramax, Twentieth Century Fox, Universal, ABC, BBC, ITV, STUDIOCANAL, Warner Bros and eOne in the last 12 months alone
- LOVEFiLM is available for one low monthly price – with no late fees
- Titles are also available to everyone on a pay-per-view basis via LOVEFiLM Box Office
- Members can choose from a selection of over 70,000 titles available across Blu-ray, DVDs, video games and instant streaming
- LOVEFiLM offers a range of video games rental options in the UK market to support gaming across Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®2, Wii and DS
- LOVEFiLM members have generated over 80 million film ratings and written more than 1 million reviews
- For additional information including a breakdown of packages visit www.lovefilm.com
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), aFortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies,Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. The new latest generation Kindle is the lightest, most compact Kindle ever and features the same 6-inch, most advanced electronic ink display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight. Kindle Touch is a new addition to the Kindlefamily with an easy-to-use touch screen that makes it easier than ever to turn pages, search, shop, and take notes – still with all the benefits of the most advanced electronic ink display. Kindle Touch 3G is the top of the line e-reader and offers the same new design and features of Kindle Touch, with the unparalleled added convenience of free 3G. Kindle Fire is the Kindle for movies, TV shows, music, books, magazines, apps, games and web browsing with all the content, free storage in the Amazon Cloud, Whispersync, Amazon Silk(Amazon’s new revolutionary cloud-accelerated web browser), vibrant color touch screen, and powerful dual-core processor.
Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.ca, www.amazon.cn, www.amazon.it, and www.amazon.es. As used herein, “Amazon.com,” “we,” “our” and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management’s expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to competition, management of growth, new products, services and technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com’s financial results is included in Amazon.com’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent filings.
Miramax is a leading worldwide film and television studio with a library of more than 700 motion pictures. Miramax sells directly and licenses its titles globally through strategic partnerships including: Lionsgate, Netflix, Facebook, Hulu and StudioCanal. The Miramax library holds some of the world’s most original and acclaimed independent films including Pulp Fiction, Shakespeare in Love, Chicago, Good Will Hunting, The English Patient, No Country for Old Men, Kill Bill Volumes I and II, Life is Beautiful, Reservoir Dogs, Sex, Lies and Videotape, Cinema Paradiso and My Left Foot – as well as scores of commercially successful films such as Bridget Jones’s Diary, Bad Santa, and the Scream, Hellraiser, Scary Movie and Spy Kids franchises. In 2011, Miramax released three new films including the critically acclaimed film The Debt, starring Helen Mirren and Jessica Chastain, directed by John Madden. Collectively, the Miramax library has received 284 Academy Award nominations and 68 Oscars, including four Best Picture awards.
Miramax is headquartered in Santa Monica, California with a sales office in London. For more information, please visit www.miramax.com, “like” the company on www.facebook.com/miramax and follow Miramax on Twitter @Miramax.