In this hour long interview on Sirius radio, Howard Stern talks to Quentin Tarantino talk about everything from, a night with Kathy Griffin to his 'Mozart' status. Here are a few fun facts from the show.
1. Tarantino was a Junior High drop out. In 9th grade he asked his mom if he could quit school and she told him he could as long as he got a job.
2. His first job was working as an usher at a porn theater in LA at age 16.
3. He and his crew cried on the set of Django Unchained when filming a brutal scene of a slave owner beating his slave because it was so realistic, "it was traumatizing to everybody...it was the first time in production where we started officially dealing with that sort of ugliness...we were doing it in the slave area of a real plantation, where the slaves lived...we could feel the spirits."
4. He's worked with DP, Robert Richardson on the last few films, Kill Bill I & II, Inglourious Basterds and Django and believes Richardson's work is so good, you could take any frame of the film and hang it on the wall as art.
5. The actor John Hawkes will most likely be nominated for an Academy Award this year for The Sessions. In one of his earlier film roles, Hawkes had a small but memorable role as a store clerk in the opening scene of From Dusk Till Dawn with Tarantino. Watch the clip here.
Listen to the full interview below.
| via Open Culture